The only way to have a friend is to be a friend.
Learning all about self and how we fit in with others is an important part of childhood. There are big emotions to explore, connections and interactions with others to navigate and a lot of boundaries to test. This box is designed to help your readers explore these ideas in a fun and meaningful way.
What is included:
- There are 3 fabulous books in your box
- The Social Butterfly, Beth Bracken - Your reader will learn about what it means to be a real friend in this gorgeously illustrated picture book.
- Katie Woo: Katie Blows Her Top, Fran Manushkin & Tammie Lyon - Your reader will love helping Katie go from anger to teamwork in this short chapter book.
- Richard Scarry's Polite Elephant - Your reader will delight in learning about manners as they follow Polite Elephant through his day.
- The individual book guides included in the parent booklet will provide an overview of these wonderful books, suggestions on how to enhance the reading experience and educational tips to extend your reader.
Book inspired play activities and crafts:
- Friendship secret word finder
- Kindness vouchers
- Sharing colouring in
- Lost racket maze
- Manners song
- Roll & match turn taking game
- All about my book storyboard
- Sharing is Caring Butterfly Craft
- The engagement gift is a fun Farm Animal Dominoes Set, perfect for encouraging sharing and turn taking.
- A health, funny face snack recipe your reader will love creating.